Vanuatu Ecotours has been a media fixer on the archipelago since 2006 and we provide a comprehensive range of services. We have worked with TV and media crews from all around the world (France, UK, Thailand, China, US…) and have worked on different programs such as movies, reality TV shows, documentaries, promotional videos, photo shoots and more.
Firstly, we can assist you with pre-production tasks including customs, immigration and labour approvals, filming permits, finding the best spots for shooting, community and landowner approvals, casting and identification of local talent.
Secondly, we can facilitate production in-country, including crew accommodation (at wholesale rates), transport and logistics, domestic flights, and supply of escorts to ensure you focus on shooting while our escort manages logistics and community issues. We have also hosted a range of VIPs as program hosts and cater for any special needs.
Thirdly, we can assist with post-production including securing of additional local footage (our partner business Savvy Vanuatu is one of Vanuatu’s leading media producers) and transcriptions.
Vanuatu Ecotours has networks and contacts all over the archipelago, so no matter where or what you want to shoot, we can fix it for you!
Examples of productions that we have proudly and successfully assisted are listed below.
- Fulwell 73 (UK) for FIFA: 6 Captains (Documentary for FIFA World Cup 2022): Efate
“Rob and the team worked tirelessly to make our production work in difficult COVID times through any means necessary! Rob is very well connected and was able to get us access to things like crew, visas, and local leadership that we couldn’t have achieved alone. I’d fully recommend Vanuatu Ecotours to any of my colleagues”
- CBC/Radio (Canada): Climate Change Radio Documentaries: Torba Province, Efate & Tanna
- Ocean Trek TV Group in partnership with Carnival Corporation (US): Vanuatu Port-of-Call tours, showcasing Ecotourism, Wildlife and Culture: Port Vila
- Buffalo Pictures (UK): Islands of the Pacific Documentary with Martin Clunes: Tanna & Efate
- Day for Night Production (France): Vanuatu, Troc & Dents de Cochons (Documentary on custom economy): North Pentecost, Ambrym
“Collaboration efficace et agréables moments partagés sur Pentecost et Ambrym”
- Warm Springs Production (US): Island Hunters (Reality TV): Santo
“Vanuatu Ecotours was very helpful in obtaining the correct film permissions for our production and responded confidently to all our questions. Vanuatu Ecotours has a strong network of contacts throughout the islands which was invaluable to our production. Thank you Vanuatu Ecotours!”
- Essential Media Production (US): Off The Grid, On The Beach (Reality TV): Santo
- TV3 (NZ): The Cafe Morning Show: Efate
- Vanuatu Tourism Office: New Branding Footage: Efate
- KEO Films Production (UK): Meet The Natives (Documentary): Tanna
“Vanuatu Ecotours helped us plan and carry out our filming for a documentary on Tanna Island. The shoot was logistically very tricky with lots of equipment and crew in a very remote location. Marc and Rob were excellent in helping us, with their local knowledge and contacts they helped the shoot run smoothly and the crew came back safe and sound with some good footage. We would highly recommend Vanuatu Ecotours to anyone considering filming in Vanuatu.”
- BASHFUL (Australia): P&O Cruise Image Library (Photo shoot): Santo & Efate
- NOMAD Films Production (Thailand): Food Tribe (Documentary series on Line TV staring Ray Macdonald): Pentecost. Asian Television Awards 2018 Nominee
- ICON Films Productions (UK): Primal Survivor (Documentary series for National Geographic TV): Gaua
- Circle the Globe Productions (US): Legendaries Location / Expedition Unknown (Documentary series On Travel Channel staring Josh Gates): Tanna
- Riddim Production (France): Vanuatu La Mer et Le Feu (Documentary for Ushuaia TV): Malekula & Ambrym
- Patrick Spica Productions (France): Zone Interdite (TV series): Efate
- Photo Play Film (Australia): P&O Cruise Image Library (Photo shoot): Efate
- Foxtel (NZ): Uncharted Series (Documentary starring Sam Neill): Tanna
- Antipode Productions (New Caledonia): Les Avions du bout du monde (Documentary Series on France 5): Gaua
- Découpages Productions (France): Les Peuple de la mer (Documentary Series on Arte TV): Rah, Torres Province
- Windful Films (UK): Mutiny series (TV Series on Channel 4): Gaua
- Archipels Productions (New Caledonia): Economie Du Vanuatu (Canal +)
- Thalassa (France): Documentary for FR3: Tanna, Efate, Ambae
- Pindorama Filmes (Brazil): TV Globo: Pentecost
- Grand Angle Productions (France): Thalassa for FR3: Gaua, Tanna, Ambrym, Malekula, Santo
- Pindorama Filmes (Brazil): TV Globo: Ambrym, Tanna
2006 – 2013
- Gudzowaty Tomasz Borys (Poland): Photo Shoot: Pentecost
- Gedeon Production (France): Globe Cooker for Canal +: Tanna, Efate, Malekula, Santo & Mota Lava
- My Friend & Me Explore Outdoor Club (China): TV Series: Tanna
- Katmandu (NZ): Advertising Campaign 2010: Tanna, Efate
- Pacific Line Production (France): Foudre for FR2: Tanna
- Thalassa (France): Explorateur de l’ile planete for FR3: Santo, Efate
- Adventure Line Production (France): Koh Lanta for TF1: Moso, Efate