An unforgettable expedition to the island of fire and magic. Our 3-day trek to Ambrym’s famous twin active volcanoes, Benbow and Marum, is for the adventurous!
4 Days / 3 Nights
Trek Ambrym is another of our trademark off-the-beaten track adventures! This volcano trek starts and finishes in west Ambrym. The trail passes through deep bush, climbs steep ground and follows slippery ash trails, but your reward is the astonishing ash plain and the awesome active volcanoes!
This is a challenging expedition for experienced bushwalkers. One of Vanuatu Ecotours’ experienced guides will escort the trek to help ensure your time is safe, informative and fun.
- Day 1: Walk from Port Vato to West camp. Around 5.5 hours. Moderate difficulty
- Day 2: Walk from West camp to the two craters, conditions permitting. Return to West camp. 5 – 8 hours, challenging if you decide to do both craters!
- Day 3: from West camp to Port Vato. Around 5 hours. Moderate difficulty.
The tour also allows time to relax on amazing beaches, soak in natural hot springs and to meditate the greatness of nature.
Recommended extensions include:
- Timing your volcano trek with one of the local cultural festivals. A great opportunity to witness the legendary Rom dance
- Spend a couple of relaxing days at Lake Lonwolwol, one of Vanuatu’s hidden gems. Beautiful forest, great birding, swimming and kayaking the lake, and a deserted black sand beach. A great way to recover from your trek.
Full tour information, including ‘What to Bring’ and ‘Health and Safety Information’ is provided upon booking.
Per Person VUV Price incl. VAT:
To be confirmed closer to border reopening.